Thursday, April 19, 2012

just so you know, the movie "The Net" is still not very good

Do you remember when "surfing the web" became a way to waste time? I think it was about the time I was 15. I have to admit, I never really figured it out. I remember sitting down at the computer a few times, ready to while away the hours in pointless meanderings around the 100 or so website that existed. But after 5 minutes staring at a blinking cursor wondering what the first step to "surfing" was, I'd give up and go watch a re-run of Family Matters instead.

Turns out, I'm still really bad at surfing the web. Other people are always sharing hilarious, totally time-wasting websites, photos, and videos and I look at them with envy. I mean, I didn't even know what lolcats were until a few months ago (MAH LIFE HAS NEVR BEEN TEH SAME SINCE*).



But today, I have something wonderful to share with you that I promise will make you laugh and waste your time. Without further ado, the National Aerobic Championships, making me feel lazy, flabby, and so grateful that I was only 4 years old in 1988.


(found at http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/40-glorious-routines-from-the-1988-aerobic-champio)

*I did that using the lolcat translator: http://speaklolcat.com/

4 comments:

amydear said...

I LOVED doing aerobics with my mom in the '80s. But maybe that's because I was born in the '70s. The '80s fashion that's in style now I can do without, but the aerobics? Classic!

Blissful Deviations said...

almost died laughing reading this post. I have wasted so much time with lolcats over the next few years.

Jen said...

I can't believe the there was only one woman among the 1987 winners!

Melaine said...

Oh my. Slightly disturbing, no? I hadn't realized how many men were involved in aerobics back then! And wow, those bikini bottom workout outfits...glad that trend is long gone!