Wednesday, October 8, 2008

up next, insider trading, in warm autumn hues

I didn't mean to become a Martha Stewart, I just really wanted to make a fall wreath.

Last Sunday Abe & I collected some beautiful fall leaves. Monday's afternoon project was to ramble in the bushes for stiff grass and pinecones, and then use a little hot glue and wire to create my fall masterpiece.

Ta da!



I think the pinecones are a little weighty for the woven grass, though, because when it hangs on my door it sort of slumps down, like its shoulders are sagging. Once I am imbued with enough creative energy I will roll out version 2.0, which will consist of the more durable stick.

I had some leftover leaves and had happened to find 2 strands of garland at the thrift store for 50 cents a piece. So I whipped up this autumn home warmer.





Well, I'd better be off to make bread, can some raspberry jam, change my hotpads to reflect the new fall decor, and properly tuck in the bed sheet corners.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Geeze! I haven't even finished staining my deck! Or pulled my vegetable garden up! Or cut down my flower garden! I am behind! AHHHHHHHGH!!! PS: I think I have grapevines growing all over my bushes, in case you want some of that, though you should be able to find it down there too.