Monday, September 20, 2010

"another one of your little lists"*

On the Sunday night before my last week of work I wrote a 30+ item list of things I wanted to get done before we had our baby. Thankfully, I left work 2 hours early on my last day and ran a few of the most important errands. Because the next day Abe & I decided to give ourselves a vacation from household work, and the day after, Genghis entered the world.

For the last 7 weeks, I've been slowly tackling the list. I think I have about 7 items checked off. On Monday Genghis took one of his hero naps (any daytime sleeping that lasts longer than 45 minutes) so I crossed 2 items off.

First, I hung this pachyderm tryptic in the nursery (painted several weeks ago and waiting patiently for me to get out a hammer and nails). When I put Genghis down in his crib, he was staring at that spot on the wall with an intensely curious look on his face. Coincidence?



Second, I figured out how to add a "subscribe by email" widget to my blog. It's done through Feedburner and is fairly straightforward following these directions. So if you don't use an RSS reader but do like email, then try it out.

*The title for this post is an oft-quoted line in Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody detective series. Peabody is a turn-of-the-century Egyptologist who solves crimes in part by constantly making organized lists of things "to do" such as cross-examine the local antiquities dealer or comb the murder scene for missing clues.

7 comments:

Rita said...

They look great hanging on the wall!

Heidi said...

Oh goodness I love Elizabeth Peters' books!! I knew I recognized that quote somewhere :).

Did you paint those pictures because they are fantastic!

Sarah said...

Lovely triptych.

Sarah said...

Hmmm...I see there is a discrepancy in the way we each chose to spell triptych.

Erin Gong said...

Yes, apparently the way I spell it, it means "A pancreatic enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of proteins to form smaller polypeptide units".

Brittany said...

Love the paintings. I also LOVE your post below about cleaning, it made me laugh! Hope I'm not too late wth taking the survey (just did it now). I also love Ghengis's blessing kimono! Lots of love in this comment.

Dawn said...

love the elephants! And hey...you have YEARS to get through that list!