Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hounded by abandon

I didn't want it to happen, but a full week has passed since my last post. Tut, tut.

More on Thanksgiving later.

For now another thought from the bus. I've had a lot of these lately. The bus is sometimes the only time I sit down and have a good, hard think. Translation for me = have a good, hard time to zone out and notice whatever is moving out the window.

Which, today, was a hound (or something that looked a lot like Greyhound's logo). I looked out the window just as its owner released it from its leash to the expanse of a snow-driven field. It dashed off and raced across with reckless abandon. The bus moved on before I saw any more. It got me thinking that I'd like a little more of that in my life - reckless abandon.

Maybe I'll post this without proofreading first.

... Hm ... nope. Didn't work. Well, small steps, right?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

For someone as list driven as you, posting without proof reading would be BEYOND reckless abandon! :) Hope your Turkey Day was fun! Now. Get out there and run across a frozen field. Or something. (and I'm posting this without proofreading it. Scary isn't it!)

amydear said...

It's better to proofread, trust me. I hate it when I go back and find an error. Try reckless abandon in something else -- maybe free form pie-making?