Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Readibles

I thought I should add an explanation about one of the sidebars on my blog - Erin's Bookshelf: Recently Read.

For a while I've been searching for a way to get book recommendations and keep track of books/authors I like. A few months ago I started using GoodReads (side note: has anyone else noticed how every new online community or web-based company has a two-word name smushed together with both words capitalized?). I have really enjoyed goodreads. My friends rate the books they're reading, and I get daily emails updating me on their reviews. If they like the books, I check them out from the library, and I usually like them too. I also rate books and write reviews, so I get to keep track of my reading and re-visit authors I forgot I liked. GoodReads? Good Stuff!

Okay, enough of the infomercial.

So back to the sidebar. My sidebar is linked to my goodreads account and it will show what I just finished reading on goodreads. So if you're looking for book recommendations, you can use that. But it may be a good idea to click on the titles to see my review, because some of the "recently read" books that show up are recently read and hated.

And if you haven't joined goodreads and like reading books, then you should join. I'll be your friend! And if you are on goodreads and just never post about your reading, shame on you for free riding on a public good.

No comments: