Things I love about this cup:
- Really, truly spill proof. After trying many different "spill proof" cups, this one is the only one that really survives a toddler. Dumping upsidedown and shaking, throwing across the room, turned over in the diaper bag - all with no mess.
- Easy to drink from. I have to take back what I said previously. I did find some other cups that were spill proof. The only problem was that my son couldn't for the life of him actually drink from the cup either (and I barely could). The Tommee Tippee cup was easy for him to figure out.
- Cleans easily. There's a cup and a lid, with a 2-piece valve that comes apart easily for throwing in the dishwasher.
- Durable. We've been using these cups for close to a year, and nothing has broken or been chewed off (and this is the kid who can open a granola bar package with his teeth in approximately 5 seconds).
Things to keep in mind about this cup:
- It took me a few weeks to figure out exactly how the valve needs to be put together to ensure the cup is spill proof. It's easy to put the valve together, but if you do it in a hurry you can miss properly snapping a few key pieces of plastic into place and the cup will leak. Once you know what to look for, it's easy to get it right every time without any hassle.
- The screw top lid can sometimes be difficult to align and screw on all the way. And if you screw it too tight, it can be quite difficult to get off.