Thursday, February 5, 2009

you may want to close your eyes for this part

Votes for the scariest restaurant ever . . . and the winner is: Big Boy. The fear factor is self-evident in the pictures.



The resemblance to Chuckie is particularly disturbing.





When I was young, my family went to Big Boy. When we entered the restaurant, I was confronted by a live Big Boy, frolicking around the restaurant, chortling, and making happy gestures with his hands. I don't remember what happened after that, but it was as traumatic as the time my sisters made me pose for a photo with a costumed Shamu at Sea World.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

My friend told me once about a Big Boy look-alike contest that her sister-in-law told her she should enter. She never recovered from that. ;)

Megan said...

Wow, that is a really good resemblance. I bet the makers of Chuckie patterned him after the Big Boy Man. And Chris is still trying to get me to eat there!

Dawn said...

hmmm...and I was just craving their onion rings...

Sarah Black said...

And you're all the stronger for it today Erin. It's important to push your children into the arms of gigantic costumed strangers.